Tuesday 29 July 2008

condolences

Joys and Concerns by IsirtoskyThe Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church was attacked yesterday by an anti-gay extremist with a gun, who killed two members of the congregation.

It is terribly sad that people were killed for being open, inclusive and loving to other people.

My heart goes out to the congregation and the families of those who died, and they are in my thoughts and prayers.

You can leave condolences at this special blog set up by the Unitarian Universalist Association.

There's also an update on UUA News.
The only thing to hold on to, in the midst of such an experience and the aftermath, is that we can hold on to each other and affirm the web of love and compassion that unifies us even in such dark moments.
- Rev Steve Dick

2 comments:

Regina said...

Yvonne- I am so sorry to read about this. I can only pray for those who gave their lives and for those injured. This kind of thing makes me so mad- and so sad.
I don't know how I missed this post of yours, but I am grateful to have you on my blogroll. I feel like a whole new world has opened up for me in reading through your various blogs- so thanks.
{{hugs}}
Regina

Yewtree said...

Thanks Regina. It really shook me up, I was really sobbing on the way home last night.